* Tania Angeloff, Associate professor at Paris 1 University, IEDES (Institute for Research on Social and Economic Development). She holds a PhD in Sociology, a Postgraduate diploma in Social Sciences EHESS-ENS, a diploma from SciencesPo Paris, and a Degree in Chinese. She was involved in the Research programme: "Access to housing and work in contemporary urban China. A survey in a district of Shanghai", CEFC, HK (2007-09).
* Isabelle Attané (coordinator of the projet), Senior researcher at the National Institute for Demographic Studies (INED Paris). She holds a PhD in History and Civilizations, a Postgraduate diploma in demographic analysis and a MA in Chinese language and civilization. She teaches at the EHESS (School for Advanced Studies in Social Sciences) where she is co-director of the "Population and Societies in Asia" seminar with C. Z. Guilmoto.
* Michel Bozon, Senior researcher at the National Institute for Demographic Studies (INED Paris). He holds a PhD in Social Anthropology and a MA in Socio-linguistics. He was co-coordinator of the survey on Context of Sexuality in France (2006). He is currently visiting professor at EHESS (Paris), "Gender, Politics and Sexuality" for MA students. He was formerly member of the French Observatory for gender equality (2006 to 2009).
* Thierry Pairault, Associate Professor at EHESS (School for Advanced Studies in Social Sciences), Centre for Studies on Modern and Contemporary China, and CNRS (National Center for Scientific Research France). He holds a PhD in Economics and is graduated in Chinese Language.
*Su Wang, Research Assistant at the National Institute for Demographic Studies (INED Paris). She holds a PhD in Sociology and a Master in Demography.
* Li Shuzhuo, Professor and Director of the Institute for Population and Development Studies, Xi’an Jiaotong University in China. He is also Consulting Professor at the Morrison Institute for Population and Resource Studies at Stanford University in the United States. He holds a Ph.D. in Demography and Economics of Population.
* Yang Xueyan, Associate Professor at the Institute for Population and Development Studies, Xi’an Jiaotong University, China. She holds a PhD in Management Science and Engineering and made a Post-doctoral research in Dalla Lana School of Public Health at the University of Toronto, Canada (2011-12). She was visiting scholar at the Asian Institute, Munk School, University of Toronto.
* Zhang Qunlin, lecturer at Xi’an Polytechnic University, China, and Postdoct at INED (DefiChine). She holds a Ph.D. in Management Science and Engineering. She received the Second Prize "Integration of Gender into Quality of Care in Family /Reproductive Health at County Level in China" in the Third Forum of Gender and Public Administration (2009).
* Yang Bo, PhD, demographer and statistician, IPDS, Xi’an Jiaotong University in China.
In the United States:
* Giovanna Merli, Professor of Public Policy, Sociology and Global Health. Sanford School of Public Policy, Duke University. She holds a Ph.D in Demography, a M.A. in International Relations, and a B.A. in Oriental Languages and Literatures.
* Lisa Eklund, sociologist. She holds a PhD in sociology, a Master’s degree in East and Southeast Asian Studies, and a Bachelor degree in Chinese.